Losing abdominal fat or belly fat is a common weight loss goal for both men and women. When many people think of losing weight, one of the first things that come to the mind is getting a totally toned and taut tummy. Plus, losing belly fat is a surefire way to improve your health.
Many people are investing their money to lose weight or in reducing their belly fat but there are many exercises to reduce belly fat. Here is the best breathing exercise for reducing your weight and belly fat—stomach vacuum exercise.
The stomach vacuum exercise is a great way to strengthen your abs, helping to improve your posture while also protecting your inner organs. You can do this exercise from almost any position, including standing, sitting, and kneeling. Just exhale all of the air in your body while pulling in your stomach to perform the exercise. Make sure to hold this position for at least 5 seconds.
The stomach vacuum exercise – Here’s how to do it
If you’re a beginner and not sure about this technique, here are some basic steps for you to follow:
- Roll onto your back
- Keep your knees bent with your feet flat on the ground
- Slowly inhale as much air as you can and then start to exhale as much as possible while bringing your stomach in as much as possible – hold this position for at least 15-20 seconds.
- As you hold onto this position, try to breathe normally.
- Inhale and bring your stomach back to the starting position.
- You can repeat this sequence of moves 3-5 times.
- If you still have doubts about doing this technique, you can check out the video on YouTube as well.
Some tips and cautions on performing a stomach vacuum – One you’ve learned, you can work your way up to 40-60 seconds. The stomach vacuum works really well when it’s done regularly on an empty stomach. Always ensure that you warm up thoroughly and stretch after all workouts.
And yes, it’s always safe to consult a doctor before taking up any exercise program.